Submission of the article
- Submission of all materials is carried out electronically through E-submission System, in which the author must register.
- Upon registration, please, pay attention to the correct and detailed filling of all fields. It is highly appreciate to mention your SCOPUS ID, ORCID and other identifiers. They serve for unambiguous identification of author and his publications and help to avoid the appearance of several profiles of one author. If there are several profiles in different databases, publications, citations and indicators (for example, h-index) of the author may be incorrectly counted.
- After registration in the electronic editorial system the personal profile of the author is automatically generated. There you need to upload the article in the “My articles” menu. All interaction with the editor and reviewers is via E-submission System in the “Discussion” field.
- Before submitting an article, please, make sure that it meets all the requirements of the journal. Substandard preparation of submitted materials leads to the increase in timing of the article consideration. Articles not corresponding to the requirements for structure and content are not accepted for consideration.
Order of consideration
- After the article submission to the electronic editorial system it is checked by the editor for compliance with the journal requirements and plagiarism absence. In case of their violation the article might be sent to the author for revision or rejected. The reason for rejection can be disconformity to the main requirements, the subject of the journal, the discovery of the fact of plagiarism or re-publication. In this case, the author is necessarily provided with a reasoned refusal in the "Discussion" field on the article page.
- If the article meets all requirements, the editor will appoint 2 or more scientific reviewers. Reviewing in the journal is “single-blind”, i.e. the author of the article doesn't know the reviewer identity.
- The editorial staff provides reviewing of all scientific articles accepted to consideration. Peer review is carried out by invited reviewers.
- If you receive a negative review of the article from two reviewers, it will not be considered further.
- In the case of receiving only one negative review, the editor appoints an additional reviewer.
- Based on the results of the review the edorial board assigns the article to the current issue, then the editor notify the author of the publication volume, DOI and timing.
- The time for article consideration may be extended in case of a submission of significant number of articles.
In addition to the article, the author must submit a signed license agreement. The document can be provided after the article is accepted for publication.
Plagiarism and misconduct
Authors are responsible for scientific integrity of their manuscript. We check all papers for plagiarism before the peer-review using Antiplagiat and iThenticate software. Reviewers or editors can also detect a misconduct. In all cases of proved ethical misconduct, the paper will be rejected.
Fee for publication
There is no fee for submission, consideration, peer review or publication process. All publishing expenses are covered by the Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University. There is no embargo period.