Specialist in the field of Heat power engineering and Heat engineering, corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Doctor of technical sciences, professor. First Vice-Rector of Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University.
In 2009 he defended his doctoral dissertation on the topic: "Heat and power bases of industrial layer gasification of plant biomass".
In January 2016, he was awarded the honorary academic title of Professor of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
In October 2016, he was elected a corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences for the Department of Energy, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanics and Control Processes.
He was directly involved in the implementation of a number of large projects within the framework of government programs and programs of cooperation with the CIS countries.
Main scientific results:
- technologies and equipment for the energy use of low-grade solid fuel and the processing of solid organic waste have been developed;
- layered thermochemical gas generators for the gasification of plant biomass were investigated;
- pilot and pilot plant installations for solid fuel gasification have been created;
- methods of calculation and recommendations for the design of gas-generating power plants have been developed;
- design analysis of the power units thermal circuits with gas generator modules has been carried out.